Sunday, June 23, 2013

Near to the Heart of God

This week has been heartwrenching, but I have found some things about the heart of God I could not fully understand until becoming a father. Becoming a father in this way has made me think a lot about God's heart with his children.  The hardest thing about this week is constantly having to leave Shiloh behind.  Being apart from our child is a feeling that cannot be explained.

As I sat praying this week, I thought to myself this is how God must feel.  We become His children.  We are newborn's in the faith, and then we turn and walk away. We place a separation between ourselves and God and give him visiting hours and rules to follow in order to see us.  How heartbreaking that must be for God.  He wants nothing more to be with His child, yet we place ourselves in isolation from Him, only allowing Him to see us sometimes.

If I could be with Shiloh 24/7, I would.  God wants that.  He can do that.  Why then do we ask Him to leave?  The place of rest and comfort is in His arms.  We need to find our way back to a full time relationship with God,  a place near to the heart of God

No comments:

Post a Comment